buen camino, camino frances, el camino rapido, how to organize my trip to the camino the way, interesting trips, last stages of the french way to santiago, modern pilgrim, original trips, peregrino moderno, The fast way to Santiago de compostela, the french way to santiago, travel agency for camino way saint james, walk the camino, where to book camino the santiago, where to go, who can help me with the camino de santiago
Get immersed in the Galician culture while walking the eighth stage. Enjoy the green and beautiful landscape that Galicia offers and try their amazing local cuisine, which is considered one of the best in Spain.
This stage covers the way from Sarria to the final destination, Santiago de Compostela.
The eighth stage (also known as “the fast way”) is the choice of most of the pilgrims. One reason is because the Cathedral of Santiago provides pilgrims with the “Compostela Certificate” if they have walked at least the last 100km of the way.
This stage is divided in 5 substages (7 days/6 nights)
– Day1: Sarria – Portomarin (21.6km or 13.42 mi)
– Day2: Portomarin – Palas de Rei (24.5Km or 15.22 mi)
– Day3: Palas de Rei – Arzua (28.7 Kms or 17.8 mi)
– Day4: Arzua – Rua/Arca do Pino(20 Kms or 12.42 mi)
– Day5: Rua/Arca do Pino – Santiago de Compostela (19 Kms or 11.8 mi)
What we do for you:
– Hotel selection: We select hotels and accomodation based on their comfort, facilities and character.
– Luggage transfer: We believe that walking with a light pack provides you with a level of comfort that ensures you enjoy your walk. Everyday, we take care of your lugagge ensuring it is waiting for you at your next hotel after your walking day.
– Holiday Pack: Before your starting day, you will receive a holiday pack containing all the information about your trip, including walking notes describing the route on a ‘step-by-step’ basis, and the best available detailed maps.
– Pilgrim Passport: Your “Follow The Camino Passport/Credencial” will be stamped at each stage of your journey, allowing you to gain the certificate of accomplishment given to pilgrims on completing the Camino (min. 100Kms required).
– Support before and during the Camino: Before your holiday, we provide you with a detailed list of items to bring and our team is available to answer any questions and queries you may have. During your trip, we can provide local assistance and there is an emergency phone number available 24/7.