Finally good Spanish food in Vancouver. After the close of la Bodega restaurant, the Spain lovers of Vancouver were looking for a good Spanish restaurant in the city.
We found it. It is in Gastown. Salida 7 at 52 Alexander St.
“Homemade mommy cooking” told us a Spaniard who live in Vancouver.
Check out the menu at their website. Our recommendations are:
- Of course, the EMPANADA GALLEGA is our first option. It is a traditional dish from the Galicia region where the Camino de Santiago ends. Pilgrim food.
- CALAMARES FRITOS – fried calamari
- CHORIZO AL VINO – Chorizo with wine sauce. Spanish sausages
- SETAS – mushrooms
- PATATAS BRAVAS – There is not english translation for one of the most famous tapas.
- TORTILLA DE PATATAS – Spanish potato omelet